Amazing news! ISM has been awarded another 6 Outstanding Cambridge Learner...
Amazing news! ISM has been awarded another 6 Outstanding Cambridge Learner Awards for the summer 2018 exam season. These include:
– High Achievement for Cambridge International A level Further Mathematics
– Top in Spain for Cambridge for Cambridge IGCSE Computer Science
– Top in Spain for Cambridge International AS Level Art and Design
– Top in Spain for Cambridge International A Level Geography
– Top in Spain for Cambridge International A Level Mathematics
– Top in Spain for Cambridge International A level Physics
Congratulations to the award winning students and thanks to all the teachers who have helped contribute to their success. This brings our total number of awards to 67, making us one of the most successful centres in Spain!
We wish to congratulate Razwan, Guillermo and Mateo, from the KS3 Robotics Club in Secondary, who came third in the Spanish finals of the World Robot Olympiad in September. This is a tremendous achievement. This group, classed in the ‘rookie’ category, had to build their robot from scratch and undertake a specific task in under 2 minutes. 80 groups participated and ISM was the only school to do so. This activity points to the future, as we are told that many of the jobs of the future will be done by robots. At ISM we are very aware that we need to prepare our students for jobs which have not yet been invented. This means a focus on skills and abilities, including social, communication and language skills and emotional intelligence.