Every Child Matters
We believe all children deserve the opportunity to achieve their full potential. Our Pre-Nursery class, for children aged from 20 months to 2 years, is led by three qualified teachers and there is one adult for every four children. This means that pupils receive a high level of individual and personalised care, whilst learning and developing in the company of their friends.
We follow the British Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. The curriculum is based around four key principles:
- every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- children learn to be independent and strong through positive relationships;
- children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between school and home;
- children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected.
Right from the beginning we help children to:
- be healthy;
- stay safe;
- enjoy and achieve;
- make a positive contribution to their school and community.